Monday 14 February 2022

Of Covid (and other stuff) ... Or A Further Attempt To Catch Up With Myself

27th January 2022
The plan was to make some use of the beautiful break we had in the recent unbuskerly weather to get back out into the street. Inconveniently, someone I sat next to at a meal a couple of nights ago tested Covid +ve yesterday afternoon. Consequently I’m being antisocial for a few days. So far, so good and I hope to get out again soon. I was, however, delighted to play a living room concert yesterday morning, before we were sent the news of the test result, for the dear friends who hosted the meal.
In other news I’ve been taking the opportunity to work on songs that will hopefully make it on to the next album. Do people still append advisory stickers concerning warnings about lyrical content?

28th January 2022
Okay, it was too good to last. There were seven round the table for the delicious Burns' Night meal on Tuesday. One was a carrier and tested positive the following afternoon. By Friday I felt the cough and cold symptoms coming on, but still tested negative. By Saturday I was positive and so were three others from around that meal table. Take care out there, folks.

2nd February 2022
Apologies for the lack of news. I’m now on “day 6” of my covid isolation and am still testing positive. This hiatus has played havoc with my rehearsal schedule for a solo gig at the end of March and, of course, I’ve been unable to get out busking for the past week of lovely weather. I am really looking forward to getting back on to the guitar stool as soon as I feel up to it! Progress does not, though, appear to be completely linear, so I’m not sure at present when that will be. On the creative front I have managed some snatches of various melodies on the occasional 3am insomnia shift, which may find their way into a song from my manuscript book at some point. I appear to be dreaming in D minor … which, I am informed, is the saddest of all keys.

4th February 2022
Day 8 and beginning to feel more human at last. The instruments are out and it’s time to get back to practising. There’s a whole week to make up, so to get on with it!



11th February 2022
Though still testing positive on Day 13 the GP tells me I'm a free man if I feel up to it. It seems I am "COVID Resolved". It's A Beautiful Day - wouldn't that be a great name for a band - I'm feeling well, the instruments are loaded, next stop Ely.



It is really cool to be back out on the street. Thank you, good people of Ely.



14th February 2022
Happy Valentine's Day to my much missed partner, P.
I nearly managed to get into Wisbech today, but I’d forgotten my trolley needed some maintenance after Friday. It took me an hour to fix it - you know that thing where you have to keep going back to the boat to fetch the right spanner? I loaded up the instruments, but by the time I arrived on the outskirts of Wisbech the rain had started and I had no wish to give the gear another soaking. Oh well, I’ll see if I can find a gap in the clouds later on in the week. I hope everyone is having a grand day. I’m going to try and get along to The Limes in Fakenham on Wednesday evening. I have a song or two that don’t fit into the busking set I’d like to sing.



No comments:

Post a Comment